The Henry family owned a vast amount of land in the area of Parkside. Annie Spragle Henry, wife of Wesley C Henry gave a portion of that land to be used for the building of the Chapel. The Chapel was incorporated on September 11, 1897 by the following men. It is not known why these men were chosen but it reasonable to believe it was because they were leaders in the community of Parkside.
W P Oglesby ~ Research continuing
Wesley C Henry ~ was born in 1859 in Stroudsburg, son of William E and Susan S Henry. He married Annie L Spragle, daughter of William and Abcenia Frieland Spragle in 1886 in Monroe County. Early on he worked at his father's livery stable and in 1880 he built Park House Hotel in Henryville. He died in 1907 in Paradise Valley.
J F Chamberlain ~ Research continuing
David W Henry ~ was born in 1853 in Paradise Valley, son of James and Sarah Mosteller Henry. He married Jennie Metzger, daughter of Bernard and Mary A Metzger in 1876 in Stroudsburg. He was Station Master of the Henryville station and a farmer. He died in 1927 in Paradise Valley.
Augustus Besecker ~ was born in 1840 in Monroe County, son of Jacob and Elizabeth Kitchline Besescker. He married Amanda Storm, daughter of Andrew L and Elizabeth Rhodes Storm in 1861. He was a member of the Union forces serving the State of Pennsylvania in 1863. He was a butcher and farmer. He died in 1916 in Paradise Valley.